Put down Roots with Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse
Our family-owned business has been “fresh, fun and fabulous” for more than 115 years. We specialize in providing amazing arrangements, perfect plants and exceptional event designs. We also pride ourselves on our continuous tradition of awesome customer service and excellence in execution. We are looking for the “select of the bunch” to join our team.
Are you mad about flowers and can’t wait for spring each year? Are you detail-oriented, organized and passionate? Are you bursting with enthusiasm and enjoy talking to customers? Then we are hoping you consider Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse as a place to put down roots and grow with our company. We have won numerous awards and that has helped us to greatly expand our business. At the same time, we don’t want to rest on our laurels, so that’s why we need talented candidates to join us!
Why Join Our Growing Team?
We help our team members succeed, so we offer training reimbursements and advancement opportunities to qualified associates. We want to discover your strengths and then let you shine in the appropriate position or specialty.
At Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse, we work hard, but we also play hard—with fun events like a bocce ball team, “Souper” Bowl lunch celebrations, company picnics, holiday parties, dinner outings and more.
We also offer a great benefits package* that may include:
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Generous employee discount
- Overtime compensation
*Benefits vary based on experience, position and whether the job is full-time or part-time.
Thank you for your interest in Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse! We are currently hiring for the listed positions, but encourage qualified applicants to apply at any time.
This position is the face of Waukesha Floral and requires strong customer service skills as well as knowledge about the care and maintenance of indoor and outdoor flowers and plants. We are looking for an individual with the ability to arrange and display flowers and plants, design pleasing floral arrangements, create dish gardens and terrariums, arrange and wrap plants and bouquets and learn more about unusual or new plants and flowers.
We offer both full-time or part-time availabilities. Part-time team members who work 24-30 hours per week are eligible for part-time vacation pay after one year.
- Willingness to learn all aspects of floral design.
- Adapting to schedule changes according to customer needs and seasonal conditions.
- Ability to multi-task, using the computer and phone to aid in order taking. Keyboarding and computer skills are essential; we will train the right person on our computer system.
- Cash register and credit card processing knowledge required.
- Ability to handle and lift items up to 40 pounds.
Applicants should be aware that you will be on your feet for at least four hours per day and may need to assist with some of the larger arrangements, which may require you to climb a ladder.
Floral Delivery Driver (Full or Part Time)
Our drivers are the “faces” for Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse, as many customers only see you when they receive their fresh flower arrangements and plants. We need friendly and engaging team members who enjoy making people happy. As a driver, you are also responsible for delivering complex wedding and funeral orders, and you will act as the final accuracy check before each delivery. If you are crazy about flowers, it’s a bonus, but not a requirement.
We will provide the delivery vehicle and offer full-time and part-time positions, but they both include some weekend availability.
- Energetic, flexible and positive attitude.
- GPS or computer skills that allow you to determine the most efficient routes for delivery.
- Ability to answer basic questions clients might have regarding their flowers or plants and how to provide proper care.
- Willingness to assist with general store upkeep and maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Customer service skills and the ability to “think on your feet” are essential skills in this important job!
- Some wedding and funeral arrangements are very large, so you need to be able to lift up to 40 pounds for deliveries