Waukesha’s Oldest Continually Operating Flower Shop Since 1904
Since 1904, when the Schneck and Bliese families opened the first flower shop on Main Street, we have been the oldest continuously operating floral business in Waukesha County. From that single store, Waukesha Floral & Greenhouse has bloomed into Waukesha’s finest full-service florist, known for its beautiful floral design capabilities and matchless customer service.
The Loppnow family purchased the business in 1977. Today, brothers Tom and Marty Loppnow, who run the daily operations of Waukesha Floral, consider it a family affair. Additionally, several other family members work within the business. When age and use took its toll on the original floral shop building purchased by the Loppnows, it was replaced with a tropical greenhouse and an octagonal shop designed to mimic the springhouses of Waukesha, “the spring city” where people came “to take the waters.”
Today, our walk-in display and delivery coolers help extend the longevity and freshness of our flowers. No longer are a horse and buggy used to deliver—our fleet of seven vans transport our beautiful flowers and plants where they need to be! Fast forward to our presence on the web, a virtual storefront which takes shopping for flowers to a level our ancestors never dreamt of! The Loppnow family is honored to be entrusted with the continued responsibility of meeting our clients’ needs through the beauty of flowers.